We're happy to welcome you on the DOM5 Community of the-battlefield.com.
Be part of a DOM5 Community who organizes PBEM games, live multiplayer games and tournaments as well as regular LAN partys since AOW2.
What do you need to do to play a game?
1. An account on the DOM5 Community
2. Join a game there (list of open games) or start a new game
3. Join or create the game on Lima Server
4. Regularly visit the website to read messages and news from the community
5. Report your games when they are finished (casual, unreported games, are also possible)
These basic rules should provide a fair process of the PBEM games. Some topics can be adjusted if requested for a specific game or according to the wishes of the participants.
But we (the authors) recommend to adopt the given rules.
We make no claim to be complete and should you have additional suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Part 1: Generality
- PBEM fair-play: negotiations and screenshot exchanges with a given player should be conducted only after in-game contact with this player.
- Renaming of cities in order to confuse the opponent is not fair, though renaming after capturing or founding a city is allowed.
- Breach of previously agreed "contracts" are part of the game, but be aware that mistrust against you will increase in the future if you do so (and in other PBEM matches too).
- Giving threatened cities to other players who have a non-aggression-agreement (or other form of alliances) with the opponent to prevent him from taking them is not allowed.
- Voluntarily reloading (to reload a turn in order to get a different fight result) is not allowed. In case you just "misclicked" (without getting gaming relevant information), then reloading is okay.
Part 2: In-game-tricks
- Mutual attacks between friends or allied players in order to improve units (e.g. heal them or let them gain experience) are not allowed.
- If a player quits, the remaining AI should not be attacked/captured without an agreement between all the players involved in the game.
- Players should not voluntarily exploits bug or weaknesses in the game. Players should report any bug or exploit on the official forum when they discover them.
For instance, to exchanging back and forth cities between allies to achieve an advantage is considered to be an exploit. One player can give cities to his allies but then his ally should not give them back until the end of the game. The only exception is if the initial giver has lost all his cities, in which case his ally can give him one city back.
Last updated on: 01.02.2010
It is recommended to apply the rules designed by the Dom5 Dom5 Discord Group
Rules common for every ranked game. If broken the game can't be ranked.